Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Logitech Playgear Pocket Review

Logitech - a name we have come to know that makes good mice, keyboards and webcams. It is then no surprise that they have attempted to bite a big chunk off in the gaming market. It is after all a lucrative market to begin with.
The Playgear Pocket is not exactly a revolutionary idea, but more evolutionary. Think of it this way. The idea is basically the same as that of a crystal case we all come to be very familiar with. The difference is that, they improved on that idea, and came up with a winning product. So what's all the hype about?
Let's take a look.


This case looks sleek, and comes in black or white. I prefer the black one, but I am sure if you have a white PSP, and getting a white one to match can be pretty cool as well. It is made of polycarbonate with a snap closure. It is said to be a very tough material and is able to absorb impact of a drop and a few hard knocks. This is important, as in real world conditions, drops and knocks do happen. I have tried dropping a test case on the floor, and the lid stays closed. Quite impressed. Fitting in the PSP in the case is a breeze, and it fits snugly.

When the lid is open, you have access to all controls as you would if the PSP is bared body without a case. The good news comes when the lid is closed. Get this, all jacks and ports can be accessed without removing the PSP from the case. This is nice to know as I personally listen to my music on the go, and it would be annoying to have to remove the PSP from the case each time I want to plug in my ear phones.
The lid design on this case is pretty good and sturdy. It can shield sunlight when you are playing your games outdoors and can even act as a stand for watching your movies. Pretty cool. I guess it is just marketing jargon that they use, but it works in real life situations. At the end of the day, I feel this is one solid case to own. Personally, I have a few cases on hand, and this is one of my favourites.





1 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    This is for PSP Phat, not the slim. It still can fit, but not as snugly.